Top
WaterWinterWonderland.com
WaterWinterWonderland.com
Search: Select Location Type:  

Capitol Theatre


Address: 204 N. Washington Ave
City: Lansing State: MI Zip: Phone:  
County: Ingham
Notes: AKA Empress, Theatorium
Thanks to Ingham County Theatres for info
View on Mapquest   View on Google Maps   View on Microsoft Live    
Open: 1912 Closed: 1955 Capacity:    
Owner: Butterfield Theatres
Web Address: N/A
Number of visits to this page since Sept 2013: 1260
 
 

1/10/2004 - Lansing Public Library
The Capitol Theater was located at 204 N. Washington Ave was managed, as stated in a LSJ article (1955 ?), by Butterfield Theatres of Detroit Michigan. The building was owned, in 1955, by the Claude Cady estate. The current manager at that time was Harry Hayden, who moved on to manage the Esquire Theater at 122 E. Michigan Ave.

The Capitol had a second run movie policy or as we like to term it today, a cheap seat theater. The second run policy was now in place at the Esquire which had been closed for several months but was reopen with the close of the Capitol and the Southtown Theatre. All three theaters were managed by the Butterfield Theater Group. The Capitol operated between 1912-1955 (?) and its former names were the Empress and the Theatorium.

Capitol Theatre - OLD PIC OF CAPITOL
OLD PIC OF CAPITOL
Capitol Theatre - OLDER PIC OF CAPITOL
OLDER PIC OF CAPITOL
Capitol Theatre - OLDER PIC OF CAPITOL
OLDER PIC OF CAPITOL
Capitol Theatre - ANOTHER OLD VIEW
ANOTHER OLD VIEW

© 2014 Water Winter Wonderland. All rights reserved.  Over   Served  Page Rank