Located in downtown Charlotte, the Eaton Theatre opened January 7, 1931 with Eddie Cantor in “Whoopee”. It had 750 seats in its single auditorium. It was closed for a short time in 1960 and was reopened by Beechler Theatres. It was twinned in 1992.
Built during the Art Deco style era, it was totally modernized when it was twinned around 1986. It still has the large square marquee and the vertical sign. [Cinema Treasures]