The Embers - Mount Pleasant MI

Address: 1217 S Mission St
City: Mount Pleasant
State: MI
Zip: 48858
County: Isabella
Number of visits to this page: 600
Disclaimer:

Please note that location entries may feature older photos or post card views that may not represent the current appearance or features of the attraction. This site is intended to be a historical as well as current record of various attractions but it is not always possible to have up-to-date information due to the vast number of locations featured here. We ask you consult the propietor for current information.

General Information:

This restaurant was opened in 1958 by Clarence Tuma. It was known for it's one-pound pork chop. An article in the "Farm Journal" really put this place on the map. The restaurant catered to some of the most prominent members of the Midland social register including the Dow Company. Sadly, the restaurant closed in 2007. Apparently fine-dining has fallen out of favor in some areas. The structure still stands although it has been modified somewhat. As of 2018, a church was occupying the space.

Click the following links for locations of interest nearby:
Info Updates:
No Updates Found
 Photos:3
The Embers - OLD POSTCARD VIEW
OLD POSTCARD VIEW
The Embers - OLD POSTCARD VIEW
OLD POSTCARD VIEW
The Embers - 2018 STREET VIEW - CONVERTED TO CHURCH
2018 STREET VIEW - CONVERTED TO CHURCH
WaterWinterWonderland.com © 2022 Over 60,702,638 Served