The South Bend Auto Theater was operating on Route 2 by 1949. It had a capacity for 650 cars and was operated by A. Ochs. In 1950 the address was given as 4903 W. Western Avenue (Route 2) at S. Summit Drive. The car capacity was increased to 850. In 1952, the car capacity was given as 650 again, and the operator was G. Benner. By 1953 S.B. Greiver had joined G. Brenner as joint operators, and this continued into 1955-1956. In the late-1950’s the drive-in was relocated 2 miles further west on Route 2 (Western Road) at Peppermint Road, with the name changed to Western Drive-In. It was closed in the early-1980’s as a twin screen drive-in theater.
Please note that location entries may feature older photos or post card views that may not represent the current appearance, features, addresses, phone numbers, or contact names of the attraction. This site is intended to be a historical as well as current record of various attractions but it is not always possible to have up-to-date information due to the vast number of locations featured here. We ask you consult the propietor for current information.