The Rubidoux Drive-In opened November 4, 1948 with John Wayne in “Red River”. It had a capacity for 730 cars. Two new screens and a Sunday swap meet were added in the 1983, and there were plans to add another screen. It is operated by The De Anza Land and Leisure Corp., which also run the Van Buren Drive-In, in nearby Riverside.
These two drive-ins along with the Mission Drive-In in Montclair and Pacific’s Vineland Drive-In in the City of Industry are the four remaining Los Angeles-area drive-ins still showing movies. The Rubidoux Drive-In presents first-run double bills with FM sound in a well-maintained environment which includes a recently remodeled snack bar.
The swap meets have been so successful that they have now been extended to four days. The company has drive-ins and swap meets in other states, including the Redwood Drive-In in Salt Lake City and the Starlight Drive-In in Atlanta.
Please note that location entries may feature older photos or post card views that may not represent the current appearance or features of the attraction. This site is intended to be a historical as well as current record of various attractions but it is not always possible to have up-to-date information due to the vast number of locations featured here. We ask you consult the propietor for current information.