From Cinema Treasures
Located in Southgate to the southwest of Detroit, near Wyandotte. The Fort Drive-In opened on May 4, 1950 with the 3 Marx Brothers in “Love Happy”. It was run by Nicholas George and Cooperative Ct., as was just about every theatre in the area “downriver” from Detroit it seems. The Fort George Drive-In had an initial capacity of 1,200 cars; after a renovation in 1977, it had a capacity of 1,300 cars. When the screen was damaged by high winds in 1990, it was torn down in 1991.