Drive-In Church - AKA Michigan Drive-In.
In 1952, the Devils Lake Drive-In, constructed by Drive-In Ministries, dedicated its showings to family-and faith-themed movies. The drive-in was rebuilt in 1965 after taking a direct hit by one of the infamous Palm Sunday tornadoes.
After the closing of the Lenawee Twin site in 1989-90, the Devils Lake Drive-In became the last operating one in the county. It would thrive for 18 more years.
In 2008, the Devils Lake Drive-In was set to open for the summer, but its owners, Terry and Olive Lytle, both died earlier that year. Terry died in Florida April 1 after a short illness. Olive prepared to open the drive-in and the summer schedule was printed and distributed, but she died May 21 while preparing the property for the season. As their surviving families lived out of state, the decision was made to shutter the property. The ticket booth and screen building still stand in 2020, an abandoned reminder of an era that, for now, is resigned to Lenawee County’s past chapters. [Dan Cherry - Lenawee County historian]