First opened in 1919 by H. A. Nyman on Cadillac Square in Detroit. In 1928 the company issues 100,000 shares of stock and was listed on the Detroit Stock Exchange (awesome, whatever happened to that!???). By 1936 there were 22 locations in the city of Detroit. There were other locations in Pontiac, Lansing, Flint, Jackson, Battle Creek and Monroe. As the article below indicates, the company acquired Albert Hoefeld Co. in Chicago which operated 7 locations there.
Earnings were strong and by 1973, the firm was sold to Interco Co. By that time they were operating under the names Jeans Galore and United with 37 outlets in and around the Detroit area. Eventually the chain fell on hard times and it was gone by the early 1990's.