Please note that location entries may feature older photos or post card views that may not represent the current appearance, features, addresses, phone numbers, or contact names of the attraction. This site is intended to be a historical as well as current record of various attractions but it is not always possible to have up-to-date information due to the vast number of locations featured here. We ask you consult the propietor for current information.
AKA Capitol Theatre
Source: Michigans Historic Sites Online
The Capitol Theatre is a large, rectangular, gable-roofed, Romanesque Revival brick and limestone-trimmed building, accented by serrated round arch brick decoration at its front and side facade, and is fronted by a square, terra cotta trimmed front pavilion. The present marquee and the application of first story enameled tiles are the result of a 1952 remodeling. The Capitol Theatre is the work of theater architect George J. Bachman of Flint and recalls the business enterprise of merchant Joseph H. Lebowski, who constructed the theater and brought commercial prosperity to Owossos West End area in the 1920s.