Please note that location entries may feature older photos or post card views that may not represent the current appearance or features of the attraction. This site is intended to be a historical as well as current record of various attractions but it is not always possible to have up-to-date information due to the vast number of locations featured here. We ask you consult the propietor for current information.
This theater was opened in 1915 by Wm. E. Jahr. He purchased the building, which already had a theater known as the Royal housed in it. The Royal was opened by Messrs. Pardo and McDonald in 1907. There were some nickelodeon style theaters in town prior to that.
The Lincoln operated steadily over the years. It was closed and remodeled extensively in 1940 and re-launched. It was eventually purchased by Ashmun Company who ran it for a while but closed it in 1959. The building sat empty for a few years until it was purchased by the owners of the Log Cabin restaurant next door in order to expand their restaurant. The building still stands and has been used for various purposes, most recently a restaurant.