The theatre was built in the 1890s as a livery which serviced the nearby train station. In 1911 Frank Lee and partners converted the livery into a film theatre which at that time was one of three in the town of Three Oaks. Different generations of the Lee family operated the theatre until the late 1970s.
From then until the early 1980s the theatre changed hands many times until finally closing. The theatre was purchased by Jon and Jennifer Vickers in 1994 and after 2 1/2 years of restoration opened in June of 1996 with "Citizen Kane." Since opening, the theatre has been an art house venue on weekends through the months of March through December. AKA Oak, Fairyland, Family, Lee