From Cinema Treasures
The Colonial Theatre was already operating in 1914. An item in the Owosso Times published on March 23, 1917 stated that the Colonial Theatre operated by T. J. Tubbs for several years was closing.
The reason given for the closing was, competition from the Strand Theatre and Lincoln Theatre divided the moving picture business and the Colonial Theatre couldn’t compete. The theatre had been sold and was being converted for use as a restaurant.