From Cinema Treasures
The 250-seat Grand Theatre was opened prior to 1914 when it was listed as being on State Street. By 1927 it had been renamed St. Ignace Theatre. In 1937 it was listed with 300-seats. From 1939 and into the 1940’s it was listed with 500-seats.
In 1946 a new 350-seat St Ignace Theatre opened on N. Main Street (which has its own page on Cinema Treasures as the Showplace Theatre).