Source: Cinema Treasures
Built in 1913 for J.F. Wuerth, the Orpheum was operated by the Butterfield circuit beginning in 1923. Six years later, the theater closed, and was completely remodeled, including the removal of its balcony, reducing seating from over 800 to 500. Also, at this time, the Orpheum had sound equipment installed. In early 1945, the theater was closed again, but opened on a sporadic basis once more in 1948, now screening foreign films. In 1957, the theater was closed again, and this time was not reopened. It was gutted in 1960, reopening as a store. Today, the building is home to a popular Italian restaurant, Gratzi.