Source: Cinema Treasures
Built on the site of an earlier theater, the Strand, the Calvin opened in 1927 and could seat around 1300. It also contained an organ. For much of its years in operation, it was part of the Wisper & Wetsman chain. In 1965, it was modernized and began screening second-run films. In 1980, it was gutted by two blazes in the space of two months, and shortly thereafter, the property was acquired by the city of Dearborn and the ruins demolished.