AKA: Yiddish, Dunbar
Source: Cinema Treasures
Opened in 1912 as the Circle, this 660-seat legitimate theater was a showplace for the city's Jewish populace, originally located on Detroit's East Side, and was eventually renamed the Yiddish, in 1921, to reflect this. In 1927, it became the Dunbar, and primarily a movie house, though it had screened movies for years in addition to live theater. The Dunbar closed in 1936, and has long ago been demolished.