Source: Cinema Treasures
The Art Moderne style Midtown opened in 1941, and could seat 876. During the 60s, the theater underwent a series of name changes, as well as formats, beginning in 1962, when it was renamed the Studio Midtown. A year later, it switched to art and foreign fare as the Midtown Art. At the end of 1964, it became an adult film house as the Midtown Follies. For the past decade or so, the former movie house has been home to a church.