Please note that location entries may feature older photos or post card views that may not represent the current appearance, features, addresses, phone numbers, or contact names of the attraction. This site is intended to be a historical as well as current record of various attractions but it is not always possible to have up-to-date information due to the vast number of locations featured here. We ask you consult the propietor for current information.
AKA Orpheum from 1911-1915
From Cinema Treasures
The Orpheum Theatre was opened September 7, 1914. Seating was provided for 2,500 in orchestra, balcony and upper circle levels. By 1926 it was operating as a movie theatre, with the seating capacity reduced to 1,489 (possibly the upper circle was closed off?) By 1934 it was known as the Lafayette Theatre, still screening movies and the seating capacity was back to its original 2,500. It was listed as (Closed) as a movie theatre in editions of Film Daily Yearbook 1941-1943. It re-opened as the Shubert Theatre, presenting live theatre. The building was demolished in June 1964