Andersonville, first known as the "Husted Settlement" after the Hustead family who moved there in 1833, is at the junction of Andersonville and Big Lake roads. It became known as the "Anderson Settlement" after the Anderson family purchased 120 acres (0.49 km2) and settled there in 1836. A post office named "Andersonville" was established in 1895, which operated until 1912. It was a station on the Detroit and Milwaukee Railway. The same track is still in use by Canadian National for freight service.