Historically, this named place was considered Genesee County but now resides in Oakland County.
From Michigan Place Names
Genesee County: when Marston W. Richards became the first postmaster of this rural post office on June 6, 1834, it was in Holly Township, Oakland County. Genesee County was organized On March 8 I836, and this post office became located in its Grand Blanc Township with John Stone, Jr., becoming its first postmaster on April 3, 1838. Office was closed on June 3, 1878, but was restored from Dec. 10, 1878 to Oct. 23, 1879 [Pen Phil 10:4 April 1960; Durant; PO Archives]