The Constantine Auto Theatre is listed as open in the 1948-49 and 1950-51 editions of the Theatre Catalog The 1948-49 edition lists the Constantine as being on Route 131, having 125 car capacity and the owner is Hal Lego. It operates 7 months per year, seven nights a week, plays single and double features and changes its features three times a week.
The 1952 edition lists the Constantine as being closed, and there is no listing in the 1953-54 or subsequent editions. Update 2: The actual location of the Constantine Auto Theatre, which was owned by Hal Lego, was found in the 1955 and 1961 St. Joseph Co. Farm Plat Books. The drive-in was located at the Northeast corner of Lutz Rd. and Centerville-Constantine Rd. The site is shown, highlighted in yellow, in the aerial photograph below. As there is no Topo image of the Auto site available, we created one a Photoshop rendering (Image 3) to illustrate one possible placement of the drive-in "footprint" on this piece of property.