AKA "Drive-In Theater", "Detroit Drive-In", "8-Mile Drive-In"
The Westside Drive-In was one of the earliest drive-ins to open in the Detroit region, and could accomodate 700 cars. The opening movie on April 26, 1940 was John Wayne & Claire Trevor in “Allegheny Uprising”. It was operated by General Cinemas.
The drive-in was also known as the 8 Mile Drive-In. Its last operator was Wisper & Wetsman and it operated until 1984. It was demolished later that year to make way for a lumber yard (which itself is no longer in operation).