Source: Cinema Treasures
The first Ann Arbor area drive-in theater, the Ypsi-Ann was so named because it was built in a then rural area between Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti. It opened in spring of 1948 (with, appropriately, its first film being "Springtime in the Sierras") at a cost of more than $100,000. The Ypsi-Ann was originally was run by Arthur and Roger Robinson, who also operated the Scio and Willow Drive-Ins. General Cinemas acquired the Ypsi-Ann, Willow and Scio Drive-Ins in 1967. The Ypsi-Ann was torn down in 1978 and a store was built on the site.
Please note that location entries may feature older photos or post card views that may not represent the current appearance, features, addresses, phone numbers, or contact names of the attraction. This site is intended to be a historical as well as current record of various attractions but it is not always possible to have up-to-date information due to the vast number of locations featured here. We ask you consult the propietor for current information.