Please note that location entries may feature older photos or post card views that may not represent the current appearance, features, addresses, phone numbers, or contact names of the attraction. This site is intended to be a historical as well as current record of various attractions but it is not always possible to have up-to-date information due to the vast number of locations featured here. We ask you consult the propietor for current information.
From Ken Thornton on Facebook
This is the Barnes Hotel in the late 1930s. Ken Barnes purchased the hotel, which had been opened in the late 1920s or early 1930s by Glenn Barnes, no relation of Ken. Ken's daughter, Kennetha, managed the business for several years. Ken had a concrete block addition on the front of the building following World War II. The hotel was sold to Tony DeFilippi around 1954. The hotel was destroyed by fire in 1957 and an entirely new building was constructed by Tony.The hotel continued in operation into the 1960s, when Tony and his wife retired. The new owner operated for a few months, then closed. The hotel was then demolished and the property purchased by Iosco County for an annex.