Please note that location entries may feature older photos or post card views that may not represent the current appearance, features, addresses, phone numbers, or contact names of the attraction. This site is intended to be a historical as well as current record of various attractions but it is not always possible to have up-to-date information due to the vast number of locations featured here. We ask you consult the propietor for current information.
This 8-unit motel goes back to the 1950's and was operated by the Siemen family at that time. By the summer of 1969, the Siemen's sold the motel to Mr. and Mrs. James Robinson of Southgate. The new caretakers were Mrs. Robinson's parents, Mr. and Mrs. Correydon Driscoll. They went ahead and ordered a new neon sign for the place at that time. This motel was a seasonal operation back then.
By 1973, Joe and Blanche Golubinski of Port Huron took over and renamed the motel to the Windmill. By 1976, the motel was put up for sale yet again. The motel is still operating as the Windmill as of 2023 and the reviews are very good.