Please note that location entries may feature older photos or post card views that may not represent the current appearance, features, addresses, phone numbers, or contact names of the attraction. This site is intended to be a historical as well as current record of various attractions but it is not always possible to have up-to-date information due to the vast number of locations featured here. We ask you consult the propietor for current information.
Built in 1927, the historic Wayne Theatre was one of the last flat ceiling vaudeville houses left in the country whoch was first ran by the Koppin Vaudeville Circuit.
The theatre closed in 1930 due to the onset of the Great Depression, but reopened by 1931 with a greater focus on movies.
In 1951, the lobby was converted into a music store and the whole theatre was later converted into office space and retail shops.
In 1985, a fire destroyed the stores in the former lobby area.
In around 2001, the Wayne Theatre was in the process of being renovated and restored back into a theatre by the Palace Theatre Company/Wayne Theatre Corporation. Sadly, it was demolished in the summer of 2008.