This theater operated the 1920's after an earlier theater named "The Nicolo" was moved to this location in 1916 when the name was changed to the Princess. Talkies were installed in 1930 but unfortunately the Princess went bankrupt in 1932 and was sold.
Under new management in August of 1933, the name was change to the Hollywood by H. C. Monroe from Omaha Nebraska. He also upgraded the sound and projection at that time.
By May 1935 the theater changed hands again when Mr. Monroe sold it to E. C. Hoffman of Duluth Minnesota. The ads for the theater continue on through the late 1950's but not much after that other than mentions of the "former" theater building. Special thanks to Vivian Lick of the Buchanan District Library for newspaper articles.