Source: Pat Weaver
The Star has a great history, opening originally in 1907 as Edisons Electric Theatre, a couple doors west of present location. WJ Millard buys it late 07, changes name to Star, then moves it to present site. Around 11, gives theatre a remodeling with arched facade. July, 1930 is when sound is installed. In 1935 present building is constructed right over old one so show could continue.
New Star has 250 seats , but 1937 remodeling gives it 480 seats, plus a bigger stage. Scientifically air-conditioned down to 68 degrees. CinemaScope comes in 1954. Author of this article scared by Attack of Crab Monsters in 57. A sad day when the Star closes in May of 1959. It then becomes Alward Electric, then Western Auto, then Gladwin Furniture, and is now Dollar Palace. Hope to rectify this situation soon. Thanks!!