Please note that location entries may feature older photos or post card views that may not represent the current appearance or features of the attraction. This site is intended to be a historical as well as current record of various attractions but it is not always possible to have up-to-date information due to the vast number of locations featured here. We ask you consult the propietor for current information.
Began as Rayner’s Opera House on January 14, 1881 with a production of “Uncle Tom’s Cabin”. In 1922, the competing Pastime Theatre bought the Opera House and it became the “New” Pastime Theatre. A fire wrecked the theatre’s interior in 1931 and the theatre was rebuilt and relaunched as the Mason Theatre by Roy W. Adams.
Adams sold the theatre to Herbert Fox in 1939 and it was rebranded as the Fox Theatre. Fox sold it to Gale Farr who rebranded it as the Farr Theatre in 1958. The theatre failed to make it to its 100th anniversary as it was demolished just years prior to that distinction in the 1970’s to make way for a parking area.