From Cinema Treasures
The Majestic Theater opened in 1909 in a building that had previously been a roller rink on Maynard Street. The 1,900-plus seat theater was a live theater venue originally, but later became a vaudeville house with appearances by such stars as Buster Keaton and the Marx Brothers. Movies began to be shown as early as the mid-1910’s.
The Butterfield Theaters chain was operating the Majestic Theater for most of its life. The theater closed in 1942 and was later demolished. A parking garage is on the site of the theater today.