Source: Cinema Treasures
Opened in 1940, the Art Deco Berkley could seat 851 and screened first run features. Its sleek and curving facade featured a tall blade marquee with the theater's name on each side. By the late 70s, the Berkley had switched over to second-run fare. In the early 90s, the theater was showing a mixture of first and second-run films. Unfortunately, this beautiful neighborhood movie house has since closed.