From Cinema Treasures
Opened as the Globe Theatre on August 25, 1920 with Pearl White in the feature movie “The White Moll”. Seating was listed at 1,099. The architectural firm for the Globe Theatre was Butler & McKenzie.
There was an earlier Globe Theatre located in the 1100 block of N. Saginaw Road that closed when this Globe Theatre opened.
It became the Ritz Theatre on October 17, 1925 with Claire Windsor in “Souls for Sables” plus vaudeville on the stage. It had been equipped with a Barton 2 manual 6 ranks organ. The Ritz Theatre closed in 1975 and has since been demolished.