From Cinema Treasures
The Grand Theatre opened in 1928, located on Washington Avenue, built at a cost of $175,000. The theatre was operated by Butterfield Theaters by 1941. It was acquired in the late-1960’s by Jack Loeks Theaters, and remodeled a few years later. Loeks sold the Grand Theatre in 1996, and it was independently operated for another three years before it closed for good.
Plans, including conversion into a performing arts center, came and went for the Grand Theatre until recently, when it was decided to demolish the former theater (except for the lobby, facade and marquee) and replace it with condominiums and a restaurant in the former lobby space.
The Grand Theatre was razed in January, 2005 and the new construction was completed in early-2006.