Whitesburg - Genesee County MI

Address: Scott Rd and Vassar Rd
State: MI
Zip: 48458
County: Genesee
Number of visits to this page: 120
General Information:

Whitesburg, or Whitesburgh, is an unincorporated community in the township on Vassar Road, north of Scott Road and south of Dodge Road. It formerly had a post office and a railroad station. [Wikipedia]

This village in Thetford Township was named for Clark White, prominent pioneer settler. Isaac O. Rogers built a grist here in 1852. Alanson Dickinson became the first postmaster on March 16, 1866. the office was moved to and renamed Rogersville on March 28, 1873. it was moved to and renamed Whitesburg on Nov. 16, 1895, but back again to Rogersville on June 12, 1897. The village was platted and recorded by Carlos P. Wilson about 1870. Its station on the Pere Marquette Railroad was named Rogers [Ellis. GSM 1897. PO Archives]

Info Updates:
No Updates Found
 Photos:5
Whitesburg - PHOTO OF WHITESBURG JULY 2020
PHOTO OF WHITESBURG JULY 2020
Whitesburg - PHOTO OF WHITESBURG JULY 2020
PHOTO OF WHITESBURG JULY 2020
Whitesburg - PHOTO OF WHITESBURG JULY 2020
PHOTO OF WHITESBURG JULY 2020
Whitesburg - PHOTO OF WHITESBURG JULY 2020
PHOTO OF WHITESBURG JULY 2020
Whitesburg - PHOTO OF WHITESBURG JULY 2020
PHOTO OF WHITESBURG JULY 2020
WaterWinterWonderland.com © 2022 Over 58,602,272 Served