Twining is a village in Arenac County of the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 181 at the 2010 census. The village is situated on the boundary between Mason Township on the west and Turner Township on the east, with about half of the village in each.
From Michigan Place Names
The first store here in Dalton Township was built by Mr. Odell; he sold out to lumberman Frederick L Twining for whom the station was named when the Detroit & Mackinaw Railroad came through in 1894 and he became the first postmaster on July 28, 1897; incorporated as a village in 1903 [Frank Black; PO Archives]