Please note that location entries may feature older photos or post card views that may not represent the current appearance or features of the attraction. This site is intended to be a historical as well as current record of various attractions but it is not always possible to have up-to-date information due to the vast number of locations featured here. We ask you consult the propietor for current information.
This attraction was originally built by Paul Domke. It began with building 3 rental cabins, a gas station and art studio in 1931-32. He added a bridge over the Devils River in 1935. In 1936 he opened the first display and called it "Paul Domke’s Garden and Prehistoric Zoo". He enlisted the help of a chemist from a cement company to come up with a compound that could better withstand the weather. Mr. Domke visited the Smithsonian in Wash DC to get the information needed to keep the creatures as accurate as possible.
Eventually the number of dinosaurs ballooned to 25. He sold the property in 1960 to Frank McCourt. McCourt sold it to someone else on land contract and got it back when they defaulted. The McCourt's son, Frank Jr. then bought the park and added a mini-golf and added one more dinosaur. Gary and Connie Stephan, who operated Connie's Cafe in the area bought the park in 2013 and added an ice cream shop. As of 2022 the park still operates on a seasonal basis.