A depot was first built here in 1872. In 1893 William Peter replaced that structure with this small Romanesque inspired depot with its rounded-arch, beveled glass windows. Later the building was given to the Detroit-Bay City Railroad company in exchange for having a line through the community. The deeded price was 1 dollar. It served as a train station until 1964. This awesome train depot is now the home of the Rotary Club and public library.