Source: Ken Sherman
Lakeside Park was originally known as Peer's Grove prior to the 1900's. In 1936 the City of Flint bought the property and demolished the structures and in 1942 it was renamed McKinley Park after former Mayor George L. McKinley. (Information from "Flint 1890-1960" an Arcadia Postcard history Series book) The only thing remaining is the ball diamond. The park is currently in fairly bad shape .