Please note that location entries may feature older photos or post card views that may not represent the current appearance, features, addresses, phone numbers, or contact names of the attraction. This site is intended to be a historical as well as current record of various attractions but it is not always possible to have up-to-date information due to the vast number of locations featured here. We ask you consult the propietor for current information.
Source: Cinema Treasures
Built in 1925, and designed by C. Howard Crane, as the Lincoln Park, this 600 seat theater was remodeled in the early 40s in Art Moderne style by another prolific Detroit-area theater architect, Charles N. Agree. After decades as a first-run house, this Streamline-style theater switched over to pornographic films in the 70s, and remains, to the consternation of many, a XXX theater to this day. Its facade has been painted a uniformly drab gray, its storefront windows blocked up and painted over to draw less attention to itself. (Though its bright yellow marquee advertising ?Adult Entertainment? certainly isn?t at all subtle).