AKA Alvarado, Roxy, Lyric, Grotto, Rialto, Temple
Source: Cinema Treasures
Opened in 1906 as the Alvarado Theater. In early-1913 it briefly became the Lyric Theater. By June 1913 the name was changed again to the Grotto Theater. In February 1921 the interior was destroyed by fire. Repairs were carried out and by 1926 it was known as the Temple Theater. In 1936 it was renamed Rialto Theater and in the late-1930’s the name was changed to the Roxy Theater. The Roxy Theater closed around 1958. Click the link below for a photo of the Roxy Theater. The movie on the marquee is dated at 1939.