Please note that location entries may feature older photos or post card views that may not represent the current appearance or features of the attraction. This site is intended to be a historical as well as current record of various attractions but it is not always possible to have up-to-date information due to the vast number of locations featured here. We ask you consult the propietor for current information.
Owned and operated by Howard Sturgis from sometime prior to 1948 until 1957. Clark Keller also had an interest in it, and negotiated with the new Catholic parish of St. Pius X in 1953 for use of the building for their services. The theater was used from March until July 19, 1953, by the parish. At that time there was a discussion of a change of management and possible sale of the building for other uses, as the theater was going out of business.
However, in August, 1954, the theater's re-opening was announced, and the Catholic parish sought a one-year lease from September of that year for $60 a month. After 1957, the building was vacant until roughly 1967, when Galewood Outfitting Co. and Monroe International, Inc., a business machine manufacturer, occupied the structure, which was owned at that time by Brown R. Stewart. In 1991 the building was used by Puffs ‘n' Stuffin Crafts. (Sources: Archives of the Diocese of Grand Rapids; Doyle & Davis.)
Per Sharon Sturgess Klynstra, The Corner Record Shop now occupies the old theater building.