Park of the Lakes goes back to the early 1900's and was built by the Holman Brothers. The pavilion went up in 1917. There was also the Oak Ridge Pavilion which was on the north end of Lake Mitchell. One or both of these joints featured national acts. They also offered roller skating and dancing. As for the park, there was a boat livery and boathouse. There was a fire that destroyed the Park of the Lakes Pavilion and it was replaced by the Carl T Johnson Hunting and Fishing Center.