The Niles Outdoor opened in August of 1948. It has gone through several names, Niles 31 Outdoor, 31 Outdoor and finally Niles Drive-In.
The car capacity was 1,000 and it was designed by Chicago architectural firm Rapp & Rapp (according to a report in the 1948-1949 edition of Theatre Catalog) by their architect at the time Robert K. Bauerle. It was originally single screen, later converted to two. It has gone through many owners according to the site. Indiana Illinois Theatres Inc., Niles Outdoor Theatre, Inc. 31 Outdoor Theatre Inc., and Kohlberg Theatres. Closing was possibly in 1985 according to the site. As of November 2008 the site was used for warehouse and self storage.
Please note that location entries may feature older photos or post card views that may not represent the current appearance, features, addresses, phone numbers, or contact names of the attraction. This site is intended to be a historical as well as current record of various attractions but it is not always possible to have up-to-date information due to the vast number of locations featured here. We ask you consult the propietor for current information.