Opened in 1927, the Ready Theatre is listed in the Film Daily Yearbook, 1941 edition, with a seating capacity of 1,000.
In the 1950 edition of F.D.Y. the seating capacity is given as 1,144.
In the 1940’s it was operated by Paramount Pictures Inc. through their subsidiary W.S. Butterfield Theatres Inc and Butterfield Michigan Theatres Co.
In recent years it had been split into four screens and was last operated by Moore Theatres who closed it in February 2005.
In 2009, the dividing walls erected for the four screen theatre have been removed and the building is being renovated to reopen as a live theatre venue, with some move theatre use. [Cinema Treasures]