From Cinema Treasures
Located next door to the Detroit Opera House. The Temple Theatre was opened on December 23, 1901. The building housing the theatre was designed by architect John Scott, and the theatre was designed by architect James M. Wood. The Temple Theatre was a popular vaudeville theatre. Seating was provided in orchestra, mezzanine, balcony and gallery levels. There were four private boxes located along the side-walls at mezzanine level. It has been demolished and a modern building with parking is now at this address.