Please note that location entries may feature older photos or post card views that may not represent the current appearance or features of the attraction. This site is intended to be a historical as well as current record of various attractions but it is not always possible to have up-to-date information due to the vast number of locations featured here. We ask you consult the propietor for current information.
This menswear chain opened in 1957 and was founded by Gebran Anton Jr. His father, a Syrian immigrant, had operated a cobbler shop since 1925. The chain was known for it's elaborate display windows which featured classic cars. They had 9 locations by 1987 when it was sold to Hartmarx Corp. of Chicago. Anton went on to become a significant real estate investor. By the early 1990's, Anton's stores were being closed by Hartmax. At that point, Anton bought up some of the closed locations and re-opened them under his first name (Gebran's). Given the stiff competition in men's retail, the last Gebran's store was closed by 2009.