Please note that location entries may feature older photos or post card views that may not represent the current appearance, features, addresses, phone numbers, or contact names of the attraction. This site is intended to be a historical as well as current record of various attractions but it is not always possible to have up-to-date information due to the vast number of locations featured here. We ask you consult the propietor for current information.
From Cinema Treasures
The Fairplain Plaza Shopping Center launched theatre-less on June 17, 1958. In 1971, three new tenants were announced in the Ponderosa Steak House, Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream, and Carroll’s Cinema 1 & 2 with 350 seats. The Cinema launched March 29, 1972 with Marlon Brando in “The Godfather”.
Two years later Cinema National took over the Fairplain and it was renamed Fairplain Cinema 1 & 2. In 1977, UA took over calling the venue the UA Fairplain Cinemas 1 & 2. The theatre expanded to five screens on November 16, 1979. It was closed on January 17, 1998. It was demolished when the entire shopping mall was demolished and rebuilt in 1999.