Source: Cinema Treasures
When it opened, the Addison was a legitimate theater, which was designed by C. Howard Crane in 1913. It could seat 582 and opened in early 1914. Less than a year later, however, it changed its name, to the Fine Arts, and format, from legitimate, to movies. After decades as a first-run house, the aging theater was purchased and renovated by Joe Foster in the early 70s. Under Foster, the Fine Arts screened classic and family movies.
However, in 1980, it was closed again, the last films being a double feature of "Jason and the Argonauts" and "Song of the South". During the 90s, the theater was used on and off as a nightclub, featuring jazz, rap and comedy concerts, as well as dining. It was shut down by the city in 1998 and has stood vacant ever since.