Source: Cinema Treasures
The Stratford opened in 1916, designed by Joseph P. Jogerst, and could seat 1137. At some point during the 30s, it received an elegant Art Deco facelift, with a cream and salmon colored terra-cotta facade, and new triangular marquee. After closing years earlier, the Stratford reopened in the summer of 1985 offering a free movie series. At this time, seating was reduced to about 600. However, the theater was closed again at the end of that summer, and has remained vacant since.