Brothers Al, Lou and Sam Levin open Sherwood Drive-In on July 12, 1946 with George Raft in “Johnny Angel”. A second screen was opened June 27, 1954. Sherwood Drive-In was the first ever twin theatre when a new screen was added and became Sherwood Twin Drive-In in the summer of 1959. Later a third screen was added. Sadly it closed at the end of the season in 1989 as west down fell apart. Today nothing remains but the concession stand. The second concession stand burned down years ago. Screen two remains and screen 1 is used now at the Levin’s Dixie Drive-In, which is now a twin.